• Vendors, Consultants and Other Service Providers: We may share your information with third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who are working on our behalf and require access to your information to carry out that work, such as to process billing, provide customer support, etc. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide services to Bit and/or Bit Services.
• Corporate Account: If you are an individual Bit registered user and the domain of the primary email address associated with your Bit account is owned by your employer and was assigned to you as an employee of that organization, and such organization wishes to establish a Bit corporate account, then certain information concerning past use of your individual account may become accessible to that organization’s administrator including your email address.
• For Collaboration: We may share your information, including when you choose to use collaboration features in the Bit Services that by their nature support sharing with third parties who you choose. Your name, email address, information from your profile and online account (including your photo), and any Content you choose to share will be shared with such third parties, and such third parties may communicate with you (such as by posting comments or emailing you) in connection with your use of the collaboration features of the Bit Services. For example, third parties who you invite to collaborate with you as “Editors” using the collaboration features of the Bit Services may also modify Content that you have shared, upload documents and photos to Content you have shared, share such Content outside of the Bit Services, and provide other third parties with rights to view the Content you have shared.
• Compliance with Laws: We may disclose your information to a third party if (a) we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service, (c) to protect the security or integrity of the Bit Services, (d) to protect Bit, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, (e) to respond to an emergency which we believe in the good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person or (f) to any other third party with your prior consent.
• Business Transfers: We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
• Aggregated or Anonymized Data: We may also share aggregated or anonymized information with third parties that does not directly identify you.
1. Date and time you uploaded Content to our Service;
2. Whether or not Content was modified by you;
3. Number of times and length of time Content was presented by you using the Services;
4. Your phone number (if utilizing conference calling features); and
5. Your IP address and location.
• Provide, operate, maintain and improve the Bit Services;
• Enable you to access and use the Bit Services, including uploading, downloading, collaborating on and sharing Content and sending emails on your behalf;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
• Provide and deliver the services and features you request, process and complete transactions, and send you related information, including purchase confirmations and invoices;
• Respond to your comments, questions, and requests and provide customer service and support;
• Communicate with you about services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, promotions, contests and events, and provide other news or information about Bit and our select partners;
• Process and deliver contest or sweepstakes entries and rewards;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Bit Services and for marketing or advertising purposes;
• Investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access to the Bit Services, and other illegal activities;
• Personalize and improve the Bit Services, and provide content, features, and/or advertisements that match your interests and preferences or otherwise customize your experience on the Bit Services;
• We send you push notifications from time-to-time in order to update you about events or activities related to the Bit Services. If you no longer wish to receive these types of communications, you may turn them off at the device level. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we collect certain information about your device such as operating system and user identification information;
• Link or combine with other information we receive from third parties to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
• Enable you to communicate, collaborate, and share files with users you designate; and
• For other purposes about which we notify you.
From Viewers: If you are a Viewer who views Content you receive from Bit.ai or a Customer via the Services, we may automatically collect information about your interaction with such Content and our Services. We collect this information in order to deliver the Services and to provide Bit.ai and our Customers with reporting and analytics relating to your interaction with Content and our Services.
This information may include:
Effective Date: February 21, 2018
We collect and use the following information to provide, improve and protect our Services:
Account: We collect, and associate with your account, information like your name, email address, phone number, payment info, physical address, and account activity. Some of our services let you access your accounts and your information with other service providers.
Services: Our Services are designed to make it simple for you to store, create, track and collaborate with others, and work across multiple devices. To make that possible, we store, process, and transmit Your Stuff—like files, messages, comments, and photos—as well as information related to it. This related information can be things like your profile information that makes it easier to collaborate and share Your Stuff with others.
You may choose to give us access to your contacts to make it easy for you to do things like share and collaborate on Your Stuff, send messages, and invite others to use the Services. If you do, we'll store those contacts on our servers for you to use.
Usage: We collect information related to how you use the Services, including actions you take in your account (like sharing, editing, viewing, and moving files or folders). This helps us provide you with features like the "Events" page and version history.
Visitors: If you visit our Site and are not a Customer or Viewer (a “Visitor”), and you request more information about Bit.ai via web form, email, or similar means available on our Site, we may ask you to provide us with your name, company, job title, company email address, and information about your company. We may use this information to contact you later regarding use of our Services and/or becoming a Customer.
Referral Service: If you choose to use Bit.ai’s referral service to tell a friend about Bit.ai’s Site or Services, Bit.ai will ask you for your friend’s name, company name, and email address. Bit.ai will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit the Site or utilize the Services. Bit.ai stores this information for the purpose of sending this one time email and tracking the success of our referral program.
Information We Automatically Collect and How We Use It
From Customers: If you are a Customer, we may automatically collect information about your account and your interaction with and use of the Services. We collect this information in order to deliver the Services and to provide you with reporting and analytics relating to your use of the Services.
This information may include:
1. Whether or not you have viewed or are viewing Content
2. Date and time you viewed the Content
3. Number of times and length of time Content was viewed
4. Which portions of the Content were viewed
5. Whether or not you have forwarded Content received via the email function of the Services
6. Your IP address and location.
By accessing or using the Bit Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information.
We will not share personal information about you or any Content with any third parties except as described in this Privacy Notice or in connection with the Bit Services. For example, we may share personal information about you including as follows:
From Visitors: If you are a Visitor to our Site, we may automatically collect anonymous information relating to your navigation on the Site (including IP Address, referral URL, browser type and operating system). We collect this information to help us improve our Site.
Use of Information
We may use the information collected through the Bit Service for the limited purpose of providing the Bit Service and related functionality and services for which Bit has been engaged. The information may be used to perform a variety of purposes, including to:
Collaboration and Sharing Features
The Bit Services offers collaboration features or other integrated tools, which allow you to share your Content through the Bit Services. As a function of the collaborative nature of the Bit Services and based on the permissions and settings you choose, the use of such features enables the sharing of Content with people you want to collaborate with or with the public. For more information about such collaboration and sharing features, we encourage you to review the information provided on support page.
Hosting and Data Transfer
Unless we expressly agree otherwise (including through our Terms of Service), we may host and process data, including Personal Information, in the United States and in other countries through third parties that we use to operate and manage the Service. When you access or use the Service, or otherwise provide information to us, you are consenting, on behalf of you and your authorized agents or end users, (and representing that you have the authority to provide such consent) to the processing and transfer of information in and to the United States and other countries which may have different privacy laws from your or their country of residence.
Bit protects your information online by using industry standard encryption methods to prevent unauthorized access to Content, data, and Customer account information stored on our servers. To learn more about encryption generally, please click here.
When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card number) on our registration or order forms, or your login credentials to our platform, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). To learn more about SSL, please click here.
The servers on which personal information is stored are kept in a controlled environment with limited access. While we take reasonable efforts to guard personal information we knowingly collect directly from you, no security system is impenetrable. In addition, we cannot guarantee that any passively-collected personal information you choose to include in documents you store on our systems are maintained at levels of protection to meet specific needs or obligations you may have relating to that information.
You may access your account information and our service only through the use of an individual user ID and password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused. In addition, always logout and close your browser when you finish your session. Please note that we will never ask you to disclose your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Promotional and Newsletter Communications.
You may opt out of receiving promotional and newsletter emails from Bit by following the opt-out instructions provided in those emails. You may also opt-out of receiving promotional emails and other promotional communications from us at any time by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as security alerts and notices related to your access to or use of the Bit Services or those about your online account or our ongoing business relations.
Cookies. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the Bit Services.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies or to prompt you before accepting such a cookie. Please note that, if you choose to remove or reject browser cookies, this could affect the availability or functionality of the Bit Services.
Our Policy Toward Children
The Bit.ai Services are not directed to individuals under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
Links to Third Party Websites
We may place links on the Bit Services. When you click on a link to a third party website from our website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Bit. We encourage you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
If we are involved in a reorganization, merger, acquisition or sale of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that deal. We will notify you (for example, via a message to the email address associated with your account) of any such deal and outline your choices in that event.
Have questions or concerns about Bit, our Services and privacy? Contact us at email@example.com.
©2018 Bit Tech Labs Inc. All Rights reserved.
Created bit by bit in San Francisco, CA